Do you like lemon in your water? There’s something about it in the Spring and Summer that tastes sooo good! Check out:
10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING LEMON WATER.
Lemon is a natural energizer; it hydrates and oxygenates the body so it feels revitalized and refreshed! Health benefits of lemon are due to many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B, phosphorous, proteins, and carbohydrates present in it.
1. Reduces Fever. Lemon has its own set of antiseptic and natural medications.
2. Balances pH. Lemons are acidic to begin with but they are alkaline-forming on body fluids helping to restore balance to the body’s pH.
3. Fight cancer. Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds,including flavonol glycosides, which stop cell division in cancer cells.
4. Boosts your immune system. Lemons are rich Vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.
5. Relieves tooth pain
6. Perfect for Weight Loss.A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear the digestive system and purify liver as well.
7. Decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease. Drinking of lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings glow to the skin.
8. Flush unwanted materials and cleans your bowels: Lemons increase peristalsis in the bowels, helping to create a bowel movement thus eliminating waste and helping with regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm water and drink first thing in the morning.
9. Cures Throat Infections. Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections as it has an antibacterial property.
10. Relieves respiratory problems.Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good cholesterol).