Feel festive this fall with your breakfast and make these delicious gluten free/dairy free pancakes made with real pumpkin, fall spices and healthy whole grains to keep you full and satisfied!
As soon as the fall weather arrives, I’m ready to hit the town with my boots and scarf! There’s nothing more exciting than the beginning of fall with the crisp cool air and the changing of the leaves.
During the fall, I crave all things pumpkin and I also crave comfort foods! I’m a foodie who enjoys delicious tasty foods and I also enjoying eating real whole foods that actually nourish my body that are gluten free.
I whip up these delicious pancakes all the time for my family and friends! I make variations of these pancakes depending on the season, but for today, in honor of fall, we shall do Pumpkin Pancakes!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
(makes 2 servings)
I wake up on the weekends a little later than the weekdays, and if it’s a lazy robe sort of morning, I wake up looking for something fun and really tasty but also healthy. I truly believe that when you start off your day right, it sets the tone for the rest of your day.
Here’s how you make them…
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg, 1 egg white (organic free-range egg is preferred)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk, coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Place a little olive oil in the pan and let get hot (high)
- Once pan is hot, turn down to medium
- Pour 2-3 small pancakes in pan
- Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip, cook through and serve hot