Easy, Gluten-Free Banana Cashew Pancakes
This is a go-to recipe for me. It’s easy, healthy, naturally sweet (from the banana) and made with all real whole foods!
I tend to wake up on the weekends a little later than the weekdays, and I want something fun and really tasty but also healthy. I truly believe that when you start off right, it sets the tone for the rest of your day and I always look to start off RIGHT!
I made these for brunch at a friend’s house and they were amazing! The texture is good, and it’s a people-pleaser because they taste good and there is no guilt.
Here’s how you make them:
In the blender at high speed:
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats (uncooked)
- 2 Bananas
- 3 Eggs (organic, free range is preferred)
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 cup 2% Organic Greek Yogurt
- Cinnamon + Nutmeg to Taste
- Place a little cold pressed olive oil in the pan and let it get hot (medium heat)
- Once pan is warm, you can add the batter
- Pour 3-4 small pancakes in pan
- Once the pancakes start to bubble, flip
- Leave for 1 minute and serve hot Add whatever flavors you want – fruit, 70% cacao dark chocolate chunks, banana slices, cashews etc for extra flavor and texture. Lemon juice and blueberries is tasty.
TIP: Sometimes I add a little Grade A or Grade B maple syrup on top. Maple syrup is a natural sweetener but make sure to get the real stuff. If you go into a regular grocery store and are not careful, you may end up with fake maple syrup which is pumped full of white sugar and striped of it’s nutrients. Always look at the label in the ingredients area. It should just say Grade A or Grade B maple syrup as the ONLY ingredient. That’s how you know it’s a whole food and not pumped with white sugars.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think!